in IN - HR - Gurugram
The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes developing, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Developer is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and supports multi-dimensional models, including the construction of data views, dimensions, measures, filters, hierarchies and cubes while adhering to enforced development methodologies.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Recommends design solutions and hardware requirements that align with product business value.
- Reviews data loaded from ETL processes for accuracy.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of business intelligence solutions which may include reports, dashboards, scorecards, ad hoc queries, and metrics analysis.
- Experience in data analysis and report design/development.
- Understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database structures, schemas and reporting architectures.
- Focused on team success. Works well in a team environment. Assists team members in all areas to achieve successful sprints and retrospectively provides feedback for continuous improvement.
- An understanding or ability to learn to work within an agile Scrum environment.
- Works cross functionally with others on interface development.
- Provides technical advice to other departments within the organization.
- Keeps team members informed of changes in processes, design decisions and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or its equivalent.
Experience: Seven plus years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or equivalent. Three plus years of Business Intelligence design and development. Experience with Microstrategy tools is a plus. Experience with an agile development methodology, preferably Scrum is a plus.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Must have good communications skill
- Must be able to problem solve
- Must have good attention to detail and be thorough and accurate in work performance. Possess good customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.
Aristocrat is an equal opportunity employer, we strongly encourage applications from interested female candidates/applicants.